Wednesday 25 September 2013

Lip Smackers ♡



This will be my first real post (excluding my introductory post) and it's going to be on... none other than... LIP SMACKERS! Childhood in a itsy bitsy twist up plastic container that comes in many, many, many, etc. flavours! (Wait... would they be considered flavours when you don't really eat them? Or maybe you do... not judging...) Anyways, their website says there's been over 800 flavours produced! I want them all...

At my local dollar store they always sell Lip Smackers for well, a dollar, and I'm always so excited to purchase them. There's something beautiful (and slightly nostalgic) about picking one of these glossy chapsticks up. This week I picked up three flavours: Pink Sprinkle, Cherry, and Berry Peach.

(Pink Sprinkle, Cherry, Berry Peach) 

The first, Pink Sprinkle smells so so SO good! It smells like strawberry cotton candy but more amplified. It also comes in different packaging than regular Lip Smackers. It has a dome cap and it's clear with a pink polka dot pattern. On the lips it adds a nice small shimmer (you can tell it has a slight shimmer in the above picture) that I think is cute if you want your lips to simply have a little something extra. To apply this colour it takes a few good swipes on the lips to feel like you're wearing it which is the only downfall.   

Secondly, Cherry has got to be one of my favourites. It smells exactly like red licorice and I love red licorice. Unlike the other two, this one leaves no colour or shimmer on the lips and just leaves a nice thin layer of gloss that you can feel with one simple application. 

And lastly, Berry Peach smells like... I'm not too sure. Yes, the name is Berry Peach but it doesn't really smell like either of those things. Regardless, I love this one because it leaves a little bit of colour on your lips. A nice sort of sheer pink colour where it's obvious you're wearing something on your lips without being too drastic of a change from your normal lip colour. So, because of this, this one is my favourite out of the three!


(I didn't include Cherry because it was just a plain balm).

It's funny how I'm getting obsessed with Lip Smackers again because when I was younger my friend and I would take a weekly trip down to the local supermarket and end up buying one of these beauts. I also recall spending countless hours perusing Lip Smacker websites looking at all the flavours that they come in and playing the little games that ended up being featured on the website. Over the years I have tried many flavours of these Smackers and I have to say my favourites would be Dr. Pepper, Pineapple, Strawberry Kiwi Comet, and Lunar Lime (the last two being discontinued ages ago).

For a simple lip balm that are too cute to pass up, these are the best and for the price and cute packaging you honestly can't go wrong.

2 comments:

  1. I always loved lip smackers since i was a kid but they seemed so expensive back then! Thank god they're so much more cheaper now =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Now they're less than $2, yay! :) Thanks for being my first comment ever!

      Delete