Friday 11 October 2013

Sigma Crème de Couture palette review ♡


Hi lovelies!
I purchased Sigma's Crème de Couture eye shadow palette a few weeks ago and thought I should do a review on it for anyone who is interested. ^-^

I saw many pictures of this palette on Tumblr, and was immediately drawn to the name of the collection, the colours of the eyeshadow, and the packaging.

When I received my package in the mail, one thing that took me by surprise was the size of the palette. It is fairly small, and without opening the box the item came in I could already tell the palette was quite small from the size I initially thought it would be. For $32 (PLUS $10 shipping because I live in Canada) I was expecting something a bit larger, but that aside, when I opened the package, and then the palette lid I was very happy definitely began to get giddy. (Also it's my fault for not looking into how large the product is...)

This palette is supposed to resemble candy colours, and is styled after French macarons. You know those little cards you get in boxes of chocolates that tell you which chocolate is which? Well, there is one of those in the palette which I thought was adorable. It shows the colours listed in order, their names, and then describes them as if they were real macarons (see below).


The shadows in this palette are all matte shades (absolutely no shimmer or satin finishes) and come in quite the selection of colours (see below for photos). The only missing colour that I do believe would have been good to include is a white/beige for a highlight or under-the-brow colour. The only shade that is similar to that is Cherry Blossom, a light baby pink, and if you apply it lightly enough it should be able to work as a highlight.



As you can see, the shades are gorgeous and the names of the colours are adorable!!! When I was doing swatches of the shades I noticed that they were sort of chalky when pressing a brush or finger into them with some pressure, but not enough that made them terrible or impossible to use. The colour pay-off is mediocre, but if you build the colour up enough it will come out as true as it looks in the pan. Also to note, all shades work best with a primer beneath them (but then again, as do all colours of any palette really...). Scroll down for swatches in order as the colours appear above!



(Redberry Rose, Apricot Flower, Passion Fruit, Cherry Blossom)


(Meyer Lemon, Ginger Pumpkin, Cafè au Lait, Blueberry Cream)



(Violet Whip, Lavender Honey, Casis, Elderberry)


(Blue Chocolat, Almond Pear, Crème de Menthe, Citron Pistachio)
(All swatches were taken in natural lighting with no primer as base)

My favourite colours from this palette are Ginger Pumpkin (I lalalove the name, plus it's nearly Halloween so how fitting) and Apricot Flower. These look gorgeous with blue eyes. I'm not sure how I'll be able to use some of the colours such as the blues and greens because I'm quite pale and I'm not too adventurous with using colour, but I'm sure I can find a way.

Honestly, if you're into makeup, particularly eye shadow, and like adorable packaging and names and colours then I suggest this palette! Keep in mind, it is limited edition so get your hands on it while you can. It can be purchased here.

Ps. This collection also has three gorgeous blush shades that I wasn't able to purchase that are super cute too!

With hugs,
Jessica

1 comment: