Thursday 29 May 2014

Broadway Nails ImPRESS Press-on Manicure Review ♡

Hi lovelies! Sorry I am terrible at updating this blog, but here is another Voxbox/review type post. c:



I received a Voxbox a couple weeks back from Influenster called the ImPress Manicure Voxbox that came with two packages of ImPress press on nails for me to try. This post will consist of my take on them! Please remember that these items were sent to be via Influenster for free strictly for testing and reviewing purposes.


I received two colours. One in the colour Joyride, a solid shiny magenta and the other in the pattern Working Girl, a black and silver glitter crackle. Both styles are seen above!

The concept with these is pretty great as there is no glue involved in their application. In total, there is 24 press on nails that comes in a kit. All you do is line up the nails that fit with your natural nails, then peel the backing off of the nail, fit it onto your nail, and press down and hold, then ta-da! The press on nail stays on. :3

There is some pros and cons to these nails, and I will go through them below.

PROS
  • These are the easiest press on nails to apply, ever.
  •  When it's time for the nails to come off (or whenever you want to take them off) they don't damage your natural nail beneath them. I know sometimes nails with glue can do this.
  • These are IDEAL for any special occasion you might have to go to. They are also cheaper than getting a manicure! 
  • If one nail happens to come off there is plenty of extras to apply. (So, I suggest carrying the extras around in the bottle wherever you may be going... like I've been doing :p)

CONS
  • The press on nail sizes will not fit everyone. I found that some of my nails were too wide for any of the different press on nail sizes. This isn't too drastic or troublesome though. BUT ImPress nails come in a variety of sizes, I was just sent one's that were not a complete fit for my nails, so perhaps another size would work perfectly.
  • When running my fingers through my hair, some of my hair strands get caught on the bottom of the nail (near the cuticle) which is annoying...
  • The press on nails can last up to a week, but when I first tried them on, my first nail fell off the day after.   
  • If you have long nails, your natural nail can be seen beneath the press on nail (noticeable in some of the above pictures).
I've enjoyed wearing these press on nails because it's let me grow out my natural nail beneath them without breaking or chipping them before they get to the length I want. Also, it's a nice change from wearing polish because these can't chip and although a nail may fall off sometimes there is extra press on nails that can easily be put on in their place. I'd recommend trying these, especially like I mentioned before, if you're attending any special occasions!

Thanks Influenster!

With hugs,
Jessica
     

2 comments:

  1. Great review! *u* I've actually always wanted to try these out because of how convenient they were and how easy they were to apply~ Thank you for sharing!
    -Kiyomi xx
    kokorosasa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog and nice review.

    http://www.i-am-girly.com

    ReplyDelete